A friend of mine posted on her blog that she is doing a month of gratitude, and I thought that was a great idea! President Thomas S. Monson gave a talk about having an attitude of gratitude this conference. There are so many great quotes, including these:
This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good. There are marriages that make it, parents who love their children and sacrifice for them, friends who care about us and help us, teachers who teach. Our lives are blessed in countless ways...We have all experienced times when our focus is on what we lack rather than on our blessings. Said the Greek philosopher Epictetus, “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.”
Also, last night I started reading up a little on the history of Thanksgiving. For many years it wasn't regularly scheduled, just celebrated when crops were good, wars ended, etc. When times were bad, people fasted instead. I have enough to celebrate to constantly give thanks, so hopefully this month will help me become a more grateful person.
I am grateful:
- that I get to stay home with my son every day!
- that so far Mike has stayed employed throughout the recession.
- for a supportive husband.
- that Mike is such an incredible daddy.
- to serve in the Primary!
- for an AMAZING presidency to work with in Primary--I could never say enough about them.
- for faith and the strength it gives me.
- for my knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- for a gym on the corner.
- for the ability to pay for a gym membership.
- for the physical strength to exercise every day.
- for my niece Ruthie who is turning 2 today-happy birthday Ruth!!!
- for beautiful Arizona weather!
- for the support group of friends and family I have nearby.
- that so many people in my community participated in Trick or Treating last night.
- that the Trick or Treaters in my neighborhood were cute polite children whose parents accompanied them (and were often dressed up as well).
- for a street with maybe one vacant home and lots of neighbors who have become our friends.
- for a month to spend recognizing all the blessings in my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment