Monday, July 12, 2010

Satisfied

Even though I stay at home now, Sunday nights are still a bit of a downer as I lament the ending of the weekend. But last night I felt satisfied because we had taken full advantage of the weekend. I need to do that more often. Friday afternoon and late into the evening were spent with me cleaning and Mike working on the shed in the backyard (with the help of Gary). We got up at 5am on Saturday. I ran 8 miles before coming home to more cleaning and organizing and Mike and Gary got going on the shed. We worked until 10:30pm. I actually got every room of the house clean, including the piles of junk that had accumulated in various areas, aahh. I'm excited for the shed to be done so we can tackle the garage!

Sunday morning was busy, as usual, with Primary and Mike teaching our Gospel Doctrine class. After church the whole family got to nap. Ethan woke up at 5pm from his nap, right as we welcomed 3 families into our home for a fun night of eating and visiting. We are so blessed to live in a town full of young fun families. After last night, we're determined to start inviting people over more often. There are too many awesome people we could be hanging out with to just sit around on our own. And with paper plates and the awesome food/drinks everyone brought, it wasn't even a hassle to host.

Reminiscing on a great weekend makes Monday seem less painful. :)

1 comment:

The Bundy Family said...

SOunds like a great weekend. 8 miles?! What? I pretty much think that you are amazing now.