Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

I'm impressed with how Ethan can use the signs he sees on Baby Signing Time, or that I teach him, at the right time.

Today when he was shopping with my mom, they were in the toothbrush aisle, so he started signing "brush teeth".

When he saw cups in the center of an aisle he signed "water please".

Then at her house my mom got out a tricycle to try and have him ride, and he signed "bicycle".

Just a few minutes ago Ethan found out that his little toy chicken works in his ball popper, so he smiled really big and signed "laugh".

The signs for bicycle and laugh are both taught on Baby Signing Time and I have reinforced them, but both of these instances were the first time he used the sign and he did so without any prompting.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

I think there is almost nothing cuter in this world than baby signing.