Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy!

This afternoon I got to go to the temple and I got an iPod Nano! So, I'm in a great mood!

When I was training for the Ragnar Relay, I started listening to books instead of music because it helped me block out the long runs better. So, when I decided to train for another long race, I started looking into iPods so that I could download books from the library and/or download Podcasts. I'm amazed that I was able to find a great deal on Craigslist and the person, who met me only 20 min away, actually responded and didn't back out!!!

More cool features that will help my training: a stopwatch, and the Nike pedometer thing that I don't know much about, but will be getting free of charge from my brother and sister (they've both upgraded to GPS watches, so the Nike thing will be passed to me).

As a side note, I felt really stupid sitting in the parking lot freaking out that I had been duped because I couldn't move the menu bar. Turns out, I have no idea how an iPod works. Between the flat screen TV and the iPod we bought this week, I'm feeling like I've joined the 21st century (and I'm very excited about the awesome deals we got)!

No comments: