Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MmmHmmm

Ethan's new most common thing to say is "mmm hmm," always with a nod. He answers questions, like in this video, but he also encourages himself in my place. For example, this morning he was trying to walk around in my tennis shoes after I got back from running. He said, "a-shoes? mmm hmm" and nodded his head. He also uses this phrase a lot when talking on the phone. He holds the phone on his shoulder, always with the speaker facing away from his ear, and holds a conversation that goes something like this, "Daddy? Hewo? babble babble mmm hmm babble babble mmm hmm dye dye."

He woke up early this morning so he got to watch Baby Signing Time while I was running and Mike was getting ready. When the bubble song came on he saw the bubbles on the counter and started asking for them. If you watch carefully, you can see him subtly sign "bubbles" while he says it in this video. The sign for bubbles is making an "o" with each hand, raising them one at a time, and opening the "o" like bubbles floating up and popping.



New words: apple, bubble, elbow
New signs: hot, ice cream, grandma

Lisa: I wish I could capture the huge grins I was getting while he was playing with my shoes and the bubbles this morning--maybe you can help with that next week? Have you ever thought of using a bubble machine during a photo shoot? You have a bubble day coming up right? I bet you'd get some great smiles and cool shots of the bubbles!

No comments: