Thursday, April 23, 2009

Utah Trip

As you know, last week we spent the whole week in Utah for Mike's dad's funeral. We spent the week with family, catching up, reminiscing, and planning for the future. I didn't take many pictures of the actual funeral events because we had our friend Adam help out with that. But, I have lots of pictures of the family to share! (In case you don't know the family, Jil is Mike's mom, and his siblings are Kris, Miriam, Nate, Mignonne, Paul, Rachelle, and Jennifer).

This isn't the best picture, but I thought it was sweet. This is Jil and her five daughters outside the funeral.




This was a rare scene while we were in Utah. Ethan didn't do well in his pack n play. Although, we were in the same room, and I think we jumped up to get him all too quickly when he would start to make noise.
This was a much more common scene:

Mike and Paul played "Oh My Father" at the funeral with Mignonne accompanying.Watching the rehearsal:

Kris and Mike working on figuring out the financial stuff.
Taking a break on the road trip.

Uncle Paul was telling some funny secrets.

Our nephews welcomed Ethan whole-heartedly into the group!
Can you find Ethan?

Nieces at the viewing

Ethan taking a little break from all of the action.
During the viewing, the kids still found a place to get their wiggles out. Isn't Utah beautiful?

I love this picture!
Watching the slide show of Grandpa.


We met up with my good friend Steff at Taco Amigo one night. If only we could do this more often--I think Jaxon and Ethan could be great friends!


Ethan' cousin Valerie was really sweet to him! He loved playing with her and loved the balloon she got for him!
He would chew on the string and watch the balloon bob above his head.

It was a long trip, but we look forward to doing it again ASAP!

3 comments:

Grammy-C said...

Great pictures, Linda. Thanks for sharing so much of your trip. Mike sure has a wonderful family!

Wish we could come up with a good excuse to spend the money to visit Utah again! ~Andrea

Lisa C said...

So I'm kinda creeped out by the funeral pics....

Mom said...

Wonderful pictures. It was nice that everyone could come together to share their memories together. Mom