Friday, April 3, 2009

Sad News


We received some very sad news today. Mike's dad passed away in his sleep this morning. His health had declined in the past year, but he was not diagnosed with anything in particular. He will be missed by his wife of 50 years, 8 children, 23 (about to be 24) grandchildren, and many others.

9 comments:

Grammy-C said...

Linda & Mike ~ I am so sorry to hear this news! How sad your whole family must be. I barely knew Mike's dad, but he and his wife were such dear, sweet friends to Walt and me whenever we met them. They treat everyone like family! The picture you posted is beautiful. I'm so glad he got to see his youngest son's first-born son! ~Andrea

Jessica said...

Linda and Mike,
I am so sorry for your loss. I remember seeing him at Ethan's blessing. He looked like a nice guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Jill said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad the same way 18 months ago. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Tamera and Matthew Seely said...

Mike, I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Know that my prayers are with you and your family. I love seeing how Ethan is doing since my daughter Anna is the same age as him. ~ Tamera

Kathy said...

Mike and Linda,
I am sorry for your loss. May you feel Heavenly Fathers peace and comfort at this difficult time.

Scott P. said...

You and your family are in our prayers Mike. Let us know if there is anything you need.

-Scott

Amy S said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

Sara and Dustin said...

Oh Linda, how awful. How sad! My heart goes out to you and Mike! I'm sure you found a lot of comfort in Conference last weekend. Thank you for sharing the news with all of us. Love you to bits!

Rach said...

So sorry to hear this sad news. We love you and will keep you in our prayers.