Ethan is doing great in 3rd grade. He is above highly proficient in every area. He was super excited to come home and tell me after their assembly that he was the highest in every area in 3rd grade. He also was the only one in his class to pass off multiplication facts 0-3 (the goal for this quarter). He needs to work on staying focused and on task. His friend from church is in his class this year, which really helped him adjust, but now that friend is moving to another school, so Ethan has started asking to go back to EAGLE. I hope he can learn to like Paseo Pointe and make new friends.
Benton is also doing awesome. He told me, "I've gotten 100% on everything except my pretest and I got a 91%." Turns out that is completely true. His standardized pretest he got 91%, but at the end of the quarter it was 100% too (plus all of his assignments). They have him going to 2nd grade for reading and are going to look into sending him to 2nd grade Spanish reading. His Spanish teacher said he is ready for small chapter books in Spanish and that no one come close to him in reading Spanish, not even native speakers. I worry that his decoding far surpasses his vocabulary, so I'll have to work on that with him too. It is fun to see him successful in something that I haven't played a part in.
Asher didn't have a conference, but he keeps asking to go to "kcool". He has this funny way of saying the "sc" sound, like a stretched out "ck" in the back of his throat. It makes words like "school" and "ice cream" really cute. He also says "belly jelly sandwich" instead of "peanut butter and jelly". Another new word for him is "actually". That was funny enough on its own, but then, one morning, I was forcing him to get dressed, so he was crying. As I started to put his shirt on, he said through his angry tears, "That is Benton's shirt, actually!" Turns out Benton's clothes had been put in Asher's drawer. I'm pretty sure Asher knows all his letter sounds, but his love of silliness makes it hard to get straight answers out of him when I try to work with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment