Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring Break

Friday: Mike was home, so I went to the dentist, took friends to the airport, and stopped by the office for a meeting.  While I was home, I got chores done with the boys, went running, and made a prize jar that very effectively motivated Ethan to finish his 12 page homework packet in 1 day.

Saturday:  Mike and I went on a morning date to hike and check out a new local restaurant called Smoothie Run.
 This will serve as a "before" picture since the freeway will take out those crops within the next three years.

 So fun to see everything blooming!
I convinced Ethan to read a book on my Kindle while the little boys were napping and Mike was working on the weeds at the Harwell house.  Ethan still says he prefers regular books.

After naptime, I took the big boys to our stake BBQ where they had a GREAT time, and Mike took Asher to Costco because we really needed to make a trip and had run out of time.

Sunday: Church and playing with Dad while Mom takes a Sunday nap.

Monday: We drove to Florence (1hr 15 min away) to see our good friends the Johnsons who just moved.  They live in an awesome community with an amazing playground. 

On our way home we picked up two friends: Ryder and Hunter.  They played at our house for about 4 hours while Asher napped.  When they left, I had to wake Asher up from his marathon nap and we flew the boys' new kites.
Tuesday: We went to the gym in the morning.  After naps we were going to go to the zoo and then meet Mike to pass off Asher before going to the drive in.  On our way to the zoo, I realized that it would close not too long after we got there and I didn't want to waste one of our two passes.  After some driving around looking for a playground, we got out to play.
 Except Benton who had crashed.  Looks like he didn't actually go to sleep like he said he did.
 Ethan got bored playing without Benton.  Then we went to a splashpad.

 It was cute watching the 3 boys chase each other.

 After Mike got Asher, the rest of us went to the drive in.  Google took me to the wrong place, so it took 3 times as long as it should have, the line was super long, and we couldn't meet up with our friends until the second movie.  At least we got it.  I only brought my American Express card, which they don't take.  Luckily, I realized it and having Mike send me a Visa card number worked so they could just enter it.  The boys loved the drive in.
 Wednesday:  We did our grocery shopping and had friends Rayce and Broc over to play.  After naps we went to the library.  Then Mike took the boys to Scooptacular while I went to the gym.

Thursday:  We made up our lost zoo trip.  Asher likes to climb into the back seat.  I asked him if he wants to sit back there with the big boys and he said, "Yay!"  (One of his favorite words)
 Our first stop was to see a Komodo dragon because Ethan just did a report on them.


 Ethan also wanted to see the Jaguar because his teacher talks about them.
 The boys liked pulling our bag and Asher liked pushing his stroller around.  We were slow moving.
 The boys love the splash pads and playgrounds.  Asher hasn't started enjoying splash pads yet, so we'll have to practice more.

More fun chasing.
 New matching swimsuits in time for LegoLand!
 Friday:  I had a meeting at work, so a friend watched the boys for me.  Then we went to a Holi Festival with friends.

Audree brought a book to read to the kids about the origin of Holi Festivals.
 We threw colored powder at each other.

 Ethan walked up and smeared my stomach with dark blue powder.  It is the only place that stained since he smeared it directly on.





After the color, we had a water fight which got most of the color off.


No comments: