Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Celebrity Chorister

Being Primary Chorister is the best!  I get to come up with fun games and sing fun songs every week.  Another perk is being popular with the kids at church.  I was Primary President for over three years before becoming Chorister, and they know me much better now.

Here are a few of my favorite comments recently:

3 year old while when I gave him a handout at the fire station tour: "You're  the one that teaches us the songs!"

6 year old playing at my house: "I actually like the games you plan for us. I do!"

3 year old when I showed up at his house to pick him up for a play date: "You're my teacher! (to his mom) I didn't know she'd look like that!"  I think he meant that he didn't expect me to be the one picking him up.  Either that, or because I wasn't dressed up, but he did recognize my shirt.

On a somewhat related note, I don't know if I recorded this before, but I want to remember it.  Several months ago I got an email from one of my Laveen 4th graders.  He had found a book I gave him at the end of the year with a note and my email address in the front.  He wanted to see if he could get in touch with his "favorite teacher" and was really excited that I emailed him right back.  The day before that I re-introduced myself to a teenager who had just moved into our ward.  He was one of my 4th graders also.  He said, "Mrs. Abegg?  I didn't know you were a member!  You were my favorite teacher!" And gave me a hug.  Fun times.

No comments: