Monday, March 14, 2016

January Wrap Up

We learned about transportation in preschool.  One day we stopped on the way to the library and watched this construction site.  They were amazed watching the vehicles move these huge tubes.
 Asher wasn't feeling great.



 We were checking to see if he had an ear infection.



 For Mike's birthday we finally used a Flemings gift card we've had for awhile.  Then we went to the discount movie theatre nearby.  We dressed up fancy for the nice restaurant and were over dressed for a $3 theatre!  We also took time during this date to talk with our realtor about the 2 offers we received on the Harwell house that day!  Exciting!
 Ethan will read a chapter book in one sitting sometimes, especially when I tell him he can read "for a little bit" before taking a (rare) nap.
 Dan was nice enough to drive up and visit us after a work trip to Tucson.  We love having family visit!


 For our preschool transportation field trip we drove to a light rail stop, took the light rail to the airport, took the SkyTrain, and watched airplanes taxi and take off.
 I love this group of kiddos!





 Ethan was learning about the Solar System at school, so we got culture passes to the Challenger Space Center.  Here is Ethan next to a model of Neptune.  The little blue planet inside is to scale compared to the globe around it which represents the sun.
 Ethan had to do a report on Neptune and create a model of it.  One of the main gases in Neptune's atmosphere is helium, so he used a helium balloon.  There is a Lego man attached because Neptune is windy and he wanted the Lego man to be blowing in the wind.  The rest of the balloons, including the weight at the bottom, represent Neptune's moons.
More at the (very unimpressive) space center.

 I now carry my phone when I run, so I can't resist stopping to capture the beautiful scenery.  When the freeway comes through, I'll have to go a little farther away to be in nature like this.



No comments: