Before Nana and Papa left, they took the boys to our local aquarium for the first time. I printed up a checklist that Benton really liked. Ethan liked a stamp activity they provided.
Obviously Asher was tired.
I always find fun pictures after Ethan gets my phone.
Part of the summer reading program at the library is a special show each Wednesday. The first week was a reptile show.
Asher likes to crawl around with something under each hand.
He took these big pans into his little play house.
We brought this train up to help Asher practice walking. He kept pushing it sideways.
He has started cuddling into his soft blanket.
I went to Girls' Camp as a YCL Certification Leader. It was a much different experience as a leader, but I had a good time. I was partnered with Debi Palmer, which was awesome. It was fun to watch as the YCLs really stepped up to lead the younger girls.
We started up our summer tradition of morning runs...
followed by swimming. This is one of my favorite things in the summer.
One of Asher's favorite things to do with Ethan (who is very cute with Asher) is to crawl around after a ball or chase. I love Asher's lizard crawl, and I love that Ethan gets down and crawls with him.
Another Wednesday activity was story time with Anna and Elsa (the week before was a juggler, no pictures).
I introduced Ethan to audio books, and he will sit and listen until the CD ends.
Free Chipotle meals for reaching 250 points in the summer reading program.
Ethan got a flat while we were running one morning. We had run 3 of 4 miles. I was really proud of him for running the rest of the way home in his Crocs without complaining (even though it was 90*+). I carried his bike on my stroller.
Asher liked the noodle forest.
And the grocery store.
Grammy took us back to the AZ Broadway Theatre (which we love) and we saw the Little Mermaid.
For Father's Day I attempted bacon roses
and shortbread fruit pizza.
The boys really liked it, but mostly the fruit. Benton Kept asking me to add more fruit on after he ate his off.We started Monopoly, and weeks later are still working through it (we were out of town for two weeks in the middle).
I hosted a 4th of July nails night.
Wednesday library activity: Superhero Training.
I remembered the time for the summer movie wrong, so we had some time to kill. Amazing how they like these even when they aren't actually playing the game.
Pump it Up! This is still a favorite for the boys. Ethan always finds kids to play with when we go places, but Benton was feeling left out. I mentioned that to Ethan, so here he is explaining the game he is playing to Benton.
And here he is taking him over to the other kids to ask if he can play. He is a good big brother!
Asher went all the way up by himself.
Then slid down alone...
Climbed all the way up the slide...
And went back down the ladder.
He found the Cozy Coupe, which made me realize we needed to get ours out for him.
Asher loves the dishwasher. He loads and unloads the silverware. I am just now, weeks after these pictures, finally trying to teach him not to do this (or at least leave it close more often). Oh, that reminds me, one of my favorite things about this summer is that I have very very rarely emptied the dishwasher. Ethan and Benton do it for me every day now!
I instituted a reward chart program this summer. The boys really like it and it has been very effective with Ethan. Here they are assembling little Lego sets they earned.
I couldn't get a great picture, but I really enjoy our backyard.
From the time Asher was about 3 months old, he has hugged us like this, always the same way: right arm around our left upper arm, right arm around our neck, face nuzzled in and he squeezes tight. It is one of my favorite Asher-isms.
Which makes this one of my favorite shirts for him: "Little Arms, Big Hugs".
No pictures, but June was also swim lessons. Ethan learned side breathing, back stroke, breast stroke, and other practice. Benton learned better freestyle.
And that's June!




































































No comments:
Post a Comment