Saturday, July 25, 2015

Another Fun Summer Week

Monday: We went to Makutu's Island which is a big indoor playground with our Pogo Passes.  It was our first time there.  The kids never stopped moving long enough to take a picture, except when I managed to get Asher to take a nap on me.
Tuesday:  After cycle class we brought our friends Trent and Emmitt home with us.  Then the boys went to their house while I ran to Costco in the evening.

Wednesday: The boys got to play at a friend's house while I went grocery shopping.  

Thursday:  This was our big family event for the week.  Mike took the day off work with his employee excellence award and my friend Stacey took Asher so that the rest of us could go to SunSplash with our Pogo Passes.

We had lots of fun.  Mostly we went on slides over and over again.  I didn't carry the camera for those, but here are some pictures in the wave pool.

 The boys insist on goggles if we go in chlorinated water because they always open their eyes when they swim and are used to gentle salt water instead of the chlorine.  They were required to wear life jackets in the wave pool.
 Ethan liked laying on his back as the waves came.

 Benton stayed upright, so this is what happened with every wave until I took him to a shallow area.

 And some group pictures.




 Friday: We usually go to the movie theatre for a kids movie, but I was not looking forward to wrangling Asher through another one and the boys didn't care about going, so instead we had a few friends who also usually go to the movie come over to our house and watch the movie with popcorn in the dark basement.  It was a win-win: the older kids watched a movie with friends and popcorn, and the babies got to nap.

Saturday:  5am run, chores all day (not sure where that motivation came from), and then a birthday party for our friend Emmitt.

At some point in the week we finally finished Monopoly, and look who won!



 Asher is primarily walking now.  He also insists on feeding himself with utensils.  I typically have two so that he can have one while I put food on the next one (he isn't very good at scooping up the food yet, but is great at putting it in his mouth).


And a few pictures of night swimming when Nana and Papa were here that I just found.



No comments: