Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome Little Guy!

Really fast labor that I'll detail later. They placed the epidural 15 min before he was born, so it had just barely started reducing the pain. I felt like I needed to push the whole time they were placing the epidural, but hadn't been checked since triage an hour or so before when I was at 4cm so the nurses told me it was normal pressure as he descended and I believed them...for awhile. He was born 4 hours and 15 min after my water broke (I was having no contractions) and 2 hours and 15 min after I got to the hospital. It took over 30 minutes and 4 tries to get an IV in, so that delayed the epidural quite a bit!

He has light brown eyes that he opens very wide! He has more hair and darker hair than Ethan I think. We don't think they look alike. He is very reactive to sounds and has wanted to nurse constantly. He was awake for over 2 hours after he was born.

He was 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 3/4 in and I can't remember his head circumference.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

11 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

WOW:-) He is SO adorable!!! I think he looks like an Abegg.

Amberly said...

congratulations, linda! I'm glad everything went smoothly and he is finally here... can't wait to pics with his big brother!

Harris Family said...

Congratulations!!! What a surprise I thought for sure you would be induced a week from now! Yay!! He looks just like Mike. Congratulations!!

Stacy and Justin said...

Congrats, he is beautiful! Glad the labor didn't last too long!

Lani said...

Congrats, Linda!! He is absolutely gorgeous!! You make stunning babies! And look at you go! Basically unmedicated labor! Rock on!

Natalie said...

Another darling Abegg boy! Congratulations to you all!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute, I love the picture of him smiling :) I hope you are both doing well.

Jessica said...

Linda, He is so cute! Congratulations!

Rochelle and Spencer said...

Congratulations to your new sweet little boy!!

The Bundy Family said...

Congratulations! That is so fast. I am so glad that everything is good. He is darling. NO name?

Rach said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. He is beautiful! I'm glad they got you at least a little drugged before things finished up. You are a super trooper.