Friday, September 2, 2011

39 Weeks

Fridays are my low impact exercise and doctor days, so I go straight from water aerobics to the doctor. These pictures are right after my appointment so excuse the air drying hair and lack of makeup. I know a lot of people over-flatter pregnant women, but I actually agree with people who tell me I don't look 9 months pregnant. I've worked hard this pregnancy, and before, though, to stay in shape.

I have gained about 20 lbs so far. At this point with Ethan I had gained at least 30 and had started out 10 pounds heavier, so at 20-25 lbs lighter, I am feeling smaller and having fewer aches and pains this time. I have also kept up the same exercise routine through my third trimester (when I quit running).

Monday: circuit of uphill walking on the treadmill and upper body weights, about 60 min.
Tuesday: swim laps, about 35 min.
Wednesday: step circuit class, 60 min.
Thursday: kickboxing class, 60 min.
Friday: water aerobics class, 45-60 min.

I weigh 10 lbs less now than I did 3 months post partum with Ethan. I also weigh less than I did as a junior in high school. I keep meaning to post a picture of me then, an inch or two shorter and up to 10 pounds heavier than my current 9 months pregnant self (hard to say the exact weight difference with scale discrepancies).

Hopefully this post hasn't been obnoxious or too braggy, but I am proud of my success and want to record it!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I think you look amazing, and it's awesome that you've been able to keep up the motivation to work out and stay healthy through this pregnancy! I bet you'll be one of those new moms who comes home from the hospital having lost all of the "baby weight" right away!

Janssen said...

This is incredible! Good for you!