Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Library Adventure

The books I put on hold before having Benton became available and then were removed before I made it to the library to get them. I put them on hold again and have been trying to get there since. When Mike got home today he suggested I go over and leave Benton, who had just eaten, with him. Ethan LOVES the library, so he came with me. It was fun to get out just me and Ethan!

I had looked up books for Ethan ahead of time, but, not exaggerating, about 1 in 10 children's books I look for are actually on the shelf. Finally we found a few Halloween books and a Thomas book and went over to check out. Neither of our cards were working, his just needed updated information and mine had too many fines. I had thought that they would have blocked me from placing holds if I had too many fines, so I didn't even have my wallet with me. I was ready to plead for some leniency when I got lucky. The girl next to me at the counter happened to be one of the ladies who attends all the gym classes I do. Of course I hadn't seen her since the morning of the day Benton was born. We were chatting about me having the baby, etc., and when she heard that I was only 60 cents from being able to check out my books, she very generously paid it for me. My lucky day!

You can see in this picture how happy Ethan is to have gotten a Thomas book! Finding a Thomas book is Ethan's requirement for a successful library trip and it almost didn't happen today with all the misplaced books!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

Rach said...

I'm impressed with the amount of time you're spending out and about. It becomes more of a necessity with baby #2, I guess, since you have an older child to entertain. But braving the library is AWESOME. And how nice that the nice lady paid your fine.