Saturday, July 25, 2009

Patriotic

This morning we had a ward patriotic breakfast/talent show. Our activities committee is awesome and the activities are a lot of fun. We got there late, of course, and walked into a whole cultural hall full of red, white and blue! The decorations, food, and everyone's patriotic outfits were awesome! I was really impressed by everyone's performances--the kids were so cute and brave to do solos and small ensembles.

We got to relax and enjoy the show while our friend Mary played with Ethan (thanks!). He was really tired, but she kept him happy. When his eyes were nice and red and droopy I took him, and he fell right to sleep.





At the last minute someone's child got sick and I filled in on a performance with some members of the Relief Society. I'm sure you can't tell from the video, because most of the audience couldn't tell, but when we stand up at the end, we somehow split the stage so that there was a one foot gap running the length of the stage. Fortunately, only one person fell all the way in, no one got hurt, and it added a little humor to the experience. :)

After three days of trying to get this loaded, I finally had to split it in two, which makes the sound funny-lame. :(






Reminds me of Girls' Camp silliness. :)

1 comment:

Aika said...

hahah!! That's too funny, especially the part when I just ate it!