Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tender Mercies
When Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave his second talk as an apostle, he spoke of the tender mercies of the Lord. When Ethan was a week or two old and I was struggling with not enough sleep and too many fears and nightmares about things going wrong with him, the Lord showed his tender mercy to me in the form of a dream. I had a very vivid dream in which I was kneeling down and a little blonde toddler (Ethan in my mind) was walking towards me. I stretched out my arms and said, "Can Mommy have a hug and kiss?" He smiled and immediately gave me a big hug. It was a great feeling, one I look forward to, and one that has helped me have peace during my not so peaceful times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Linda. And thanks for all these wonderful posts! I had a blast looking through them.
Linda,
I hope while that experience is still vivid in your mind you have written it down. You may not realize what a blessing that has been to you until many years from now. How fortunate you have been to receive such a gift. Treasure it, be thankful, and perhaps you will be blessed with more!
Andrea
That's so cool! I love it when the Lord speaks to me in my dreams. :-)
Post a Comment