2 funny conversations with Ethan lately.
Mom: Ethan, if I wrap up your presents and put them under the tree, will you leave them wrapped?
Ethan: Yes.
Mom: Will you unwrap them to see what they are?
Ethan: No. Maybe I can go with you to the store to buy them!
Mom: I already have your presents. They're just hiding.
Ethan: Can I see them?!?
Mom: No.
Ethan: Crying, sulking, etc.
Mom: Trying to explain the concept of waiting until Christmas (Lisa-Llama Llama Holidrama was used here).
I thought it was funny that it had never occured to Ethan that we may already have gifts and the fact that we had them made it unacceptable to wait until Christmas. Although, I guess many adults share that sentiment as I see many kids already paying with their "early Christmas presents." You know who you are! ;)
Ethan: Pointing to England on a map Who lives there?
Mom: That's England. The Queen lives there.
Ethan: Oh no! Then we don't want to go there! The Queen won't let us pray to Heavenly Father!
(In November we learned about Pilgrims...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Love it. Last year, we stacked all of our Amazon boxes in the middle of our room as they arrived. They stayed there until Christmas and the kids walked past them everyday never thinking they might be Christmas gifts.
Post a Comment