Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Date Day

On Saturday Mike and I went out on a date day.  We were gone for 9.5-10 hours.  It was a lot of fun to get to spend such a big chunk of time away and together.  Here's what we did:

ZPizza lunch (bogo free coupon): This was my first time eating here.  It was delicious and they threw in a free small pizza that they had made incorrectly for someone else.  I'm not sure why they decided to give it to us.

Lincoln matinee: we both loved it.

Cold Stone (bogo free coupon):  We had a coupon and it was right outside the theatre, so why not?

See's:  Mike got me a gift certificate for my birthday.  I got to go choose a pound of candy!  I've never chosen each piece individually in a See's box before, but it makes my favorite candy extra delicious.  I'm eating them WAY too fast and have thought several times how awesome it would be if life were like this box of chocolates (tailored to my favorite choices).

Arizona Mills mall:  We went to get clothes for the boys (which we'll be returning because we found what we needed later at a thrift store) and ended up with some great clothes for Mike.  There is also a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory here and we have some bogo free coupons that will be expiring at the end of the month so we got apples (my very favorite dessert).  And, yes, I REALLY need to exercise now.

Tempe Boat Show: There was a show of boats covered in Christmas lights going down Tempe Towne Lake.  We actually got there after it ended because of all the shopping, but we got a glimpse of the boats (and the enormous crowds I was glad to have missed).

Tempe Marketplace:  Listened to a live country band, Mike bought dinner (I ate zpizza leftovers), and I spent some birthday money at Downeast.

It was a really fun day, with, unfortunately, no pictures as documentation.  I think I'd rather do this every other week than a short date every week.  It felt so leisurely.  Thanks to Mike for planning an awesome date!

No comments: