Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Again, this post is being written 6/21/13.  It is a good thing Lisa and Lauren take pictures because if not, my Thanksgiving would be summed up with these six pictures.

Ethan's preschool projects.

 Dad's amazing stuffing.
 The icy roads I drove on taking Mike to the airport after Thanksgiving.  I had a few scary moments and was wishing for AZ roads.
Sunglasses!  Lisa and I went shopping with our Christmas money, so I have a bunch of pictures like these on my phone that I was sending to Mike.
McDonald's play place.  The guys went out to a movie one night and it took a lot longer than they thought it would, so we took the kids to McDonalds where they ate and got to run around.

But, the weekend gets so much better than that!  The reason I went to Lisa's when I did was because she is driving distance from my dad.  So, by combining the two trips, airfare was less than just the trip to Dad's.  So, I got to Lisa's 10/29, drove to Dad's for Thanksgiving, drove back to Lisa's, and then flew home a few days later.  Overall, I was gone a month.

I believe this was our 6th year going to Dad's for Thanksgiving.  We always have a great time and have fun traditions.  Here is the ever growing table.
 Hanging out.
 The day after Thanksgiving we always go bowling.  Mike and Ethan are up in this picture.



 The closet at Grandpa's house looks different at Thanksgiving.
 Grandpa made the kids a fun fort!

 On Thanksgiving morning we have a tradition of running the Detroit Turkey Trot.  The kids did the 1 mile fun run and then Dan was nice enough to take them all home so Lisa, Joe, Lauren, and I could run in the real races.


And here are the bowling pictures I stole from Lauren's blog.






After we got back to New York, we put up Lisa's Christmas tree.  Her kids were nice enough to let Ethan put the star on top.

No comments: