Saturday, January 28, 2012

Santa

Early in the week of Christmas we went over to Bass Pro to see Santa.  We tried to get there early enough to miss the rush, but still had to wait like an hour and a half.  I thought Ethan would enjoy all of their games, but he wasn't too interested.  He did like the "snowball fight" area where he got to throw stuffed snow balls at other kids.  Then he saw their toy train and loved that.  On the way out he finally showed interest in the carousel, so we took a ride.  His response to Santa was like his response to characters at Disneyland.  When we called him over for his turn he was jumping up and down in excitement.  He was SO happy to see Santa, even though it meant leaving the train (Miracle 9)!  Unfortunately this Santa wasn't terribly chatty, so I felt like it was kind of a disappointment, at least for me.  :)  We did have Ethan tell Santa what he wanted (Logging Locos: Bash, Dash, and Ferdinand).  The train park we went to later in the week had a Santa you could pay to see on the train.  I think next year it would be worth the money to skip the line and see Santa on a train!  

 The photographer elves weren't paying attention once Santa took Benton and I wasn't assertive enough getting their attention, but luckily Jil snapped this picture.  I'm not very good at editing, so if Lisa has any better luck with it, I'll repost it.  But Miracle 10, two kids happy with Santa!.

No comments: