Thank you Sky Harbor for providing this entertainment in the terminal! We left the house at 4am to go to Detroit and spend the holiday with my dad, stepmom, and siblings.
Getting off the plane they let Ethan play in the cockpit. He even got to push the buttons!
My sister-in-law Lauren made Benton this cute giraffe! He's starting to be able to grab at toys as shown in the two pictures below.
Thanksgiving morning we got up to run the Turkey Trot, as is tradition. This year I started off by "running" the mashed potato mile with Ethan. Unfortunately I did not plan well and couldn't find my brother in law Dan who was supposed to watch Ethan while I ran the 10k. I hadn't even brought my phone with me and didn't know his number. I walked around Detroit for about 40 minutes trying to find him. By the time I did it was too late to start the race (the rest of the family was close to done). I started at the 6 mile marker and ran backwards hoping to run into siblings. I went a little past the 4 mile marker without seeing them, then turned around and ran back to the finish line. So I ran 1 mile with Ethan, 4.2 of the 6.2 I was supposed to, and walked who knows how far while trying to find Dan. Still a good turkey day workout! Here are Ethan and Joseph VII ("Seven") on the way home from the race. I think it was about 10am.
The big meal! Always delicious!
I told myself I wouldn't eat an excess of junk food despite the holiday. But, we greeted by these cupcakes when we got to Dad's and they were the best cupcakes I've ever had. I didn't count how many I ate, but it was more than my share I'm sure. Thanks Stephanie and Dianne!
On Saturday we went to a Natural Science Museum with the kids. It reminded me of all the time spent with my dad in Chicago at the Science and Industry Museum growing up. Fun memories! Here is cousin James holding Benton for me.
This was the attraction that brought us to the museum. They have a "Bat Zone" where you can see a variety of bats close up. I never knew I knew so little about bats! They are actually pretty cute up close and are amazing creatures. I won't be scared of them anymore, and if I ever live in bat country, I'll probably even put a bat house in my yard.Friday bowling tradition. I bowled over 100 with a sleeping baby! I also taught Lisa how to wrap Claire.
The kids loved playing the video games between turns, not that they were actually playing.
Twin cousins meeting. They smiled and cooed at each other.
It's amazing with all the intentions of having my sister do family and individual pictures for us while we were there that I didn't give her a good opportunity to do so. Amazingly, she got a few cute shots anyway. Those to come, but here is a preview of us trying to get six kids 5 and under to take a decent picture...
Ethan's favorite room in the museum mentioned earlier. It had a ball going down this track and back up on a conveyor over and over. He would run alongside the ball back and forth over and over. Guess who is getting a marble track for Christmas?






















No comments:
Post a Comment