Sunday, January 17, 2016

White Tank Mountains

I am helping to plan our ward girls camp this year. We were wanting to check out a campsite that is only about 45 minutes away, so we did a group/family hike yesterday.  I loved the area.  We did an easy short hike, but it ended at a "waterfall".  It was really cool to see such a different landscape in the midst of the desert.  Most of the hike was the brush and saguaro you'd expect.  But then, we entered a shady, wet, white granite area.






 This is what we call a waterfall in Phoenix.  It is trickling at the top.  I imagine when there is enough rain for it to be really flowing that you would have to wade through water to get over and see it, because it damp even with this trickle.  The mountains get their name because the rain accumulates in these white granite "tanks" when it rains.


 Ethan being daring.

 The whole group!  I didn't hesitate to accept the request for me to help with camp when I heard I be working with these awesome ladies!

1 comment:

Stacey L said...

This was such a fun day! We should do another family hike soon.