Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Break

We took the opportunity to go hiking while Ethan was home.  I found a trail we hadn't been on before.  The boys wanted to go further, but I don't trust their ability to remember the return trip they'll have to hike too.  I look forward to exploring more with Mike.
 Really pretty views.


 I braved a trip to Fat Cats one day (after having friends over to play).  Overall, it was fun, but the lines will keep me from going again.  With how far away it is, Asher was getting really worn out and all the wait time was making it worse.

The bowling alley was cool with big TVs and comfy couches.



 I bowled, but Asher didn't want me to.  I felt very conspicuous since I was sharing an area with a family on the lane over.  They were nice though and tried to help me a few times.
 We went glow golfing the same day.  We must have hit it at just the wrong time because we had to wait for multiple families to golf at each hole before we could.  Asher was getting even fussier, so there was no real rule following or score keeping.  It was a "how fast can we be done with this" activity, but the boys still had fun.


 I have a few Usborne picture books with CD that we keep in the car.  The boys love them and listen to them pretty much any time we are driving.  I think Benton's reading has improved quite a bit since we started doing this.

 There were a few moments of quiet over the break, like when the boys woke up to muffins one morning.

 On New Years day we started hanging pictures that have been stored since we moved in almost 3 years ago (one of my Christmas Break goals).  I came across a memory box that made me all weepy.  There were really special notes written from my best friends over the years: Lisa, Celine, Steffani, Leslie...There were also awards and the signs announcing when I won top chairs in All-District band in high school.  I still have these that Celine made me.
 And me 14 years ago!
 Me and baby James!
 We have travel pictures in our room.  This is most of them (from New Zealand, Mexico, New York, and Sedona).
 Leslie's younger brother Marc does amazing astrophotography.  I love all the desert landscapes, so I finally got one for our room.  I like this one because it reminds me of the sunset desert runs I love.

No comments: