We are fortunate enough to have a smaller airline/airport with very affordable fares to Provo, so we decided to start sending Mike up to spend time with his mom more often. To add to the fun, we are going to send one boy with him each time. Benton got to go first. It was a great way to get special quality time. Benton was SO excited.
I asked Mike to crouch down next to Benton, so Benton sat too.
These pictures will mostly have to speak for themselves as I wasn't there...
Benton heaven!
Mike organized an effort with his sisters to all get together and organize their mom's garage. He also got to set up a TV and build her a laundry room shelf she'd been wanting.
It can be hard to find gloves down here, so I had Mike get some in Utah.
With Uncle Rick, and cousins Riley and Ricky.
In Primary.
Meanwhile, in AZ, I hosted our friends Eric and Mandy while Eric participated in the AZ Ironman. I also got to see Joe before he headed home from a seminar.
I got to take Ethan hiking since he always misses out.
Ethan really wanted to go to the top of this peak. I hadn't thought there was a trail until we saw people coming down. They said it was possible, but not a great idea with a baby on my back because it was hard. We tried anyway, and it was hard. I didn't go up the last little bit because it was too much scrambling, but Ethan did it.
Ethan saved his money and got this Lego set. Can you tell how he felt about it?
I recycled our old icicle lights and upgraded to single strand LED lights. This house is harder to decorate, so this was the first year I accomplished it. We have to use clips, so I didn't think the icicles would work as well. I got several comments from people as I took these in that they thought I was returning new lights. Evidence of Mike's influence on me that after 7ish years, the lights still fit neatly back in the box.
I took Ethan to Scooptacular, of course, for some reward.
I asked Ethan to take a picture of me hanging Christmas lights because it was quite the feat for me to use this ladder for the first time on my own. I had to put it at the tallest setting and lean it against the house while I attached each clip. Of course, Ethan's picture does not capture the height at all.
More photography from Ethan. Starting in mid-November was what I needed to actually make it happen this year.






























No comments:
Post a Comment