Friday, October 2, 2015

Benton!

Benton had a birthday on the 12th.  The day started with Mike taking him to get donuts while I was running.  He had so much fun opening all of his presents.  Then, we had our Primary Program practice in the morning.  After laying in bed for a LONG time, he finally took a nap before his party.  I took exactly 0 pictures, but my friend sent me one.  Benton wanted strawberry cupcakes.  I attempted to frost them like the top of a strawberry.

He wanted "everyone" to come to his party.  He invited the Palmers, Leybas, and Johnsons.

I finally took some pictures after everyone left while the boys jumped back in the pool.


Benton is a very sweet boy.  He's very empathetic and silly.  As an example, when I was taking to long talking to Stacey at preschool pick up, Benton found my Clinique makeup.  When I got to the car he gave me a big proud grin.  I was so sad to see what he did to my eye shadow that I said, "Oh, I am so sad; this makes me so sad" etc.  Without me even getting made, he started crying and saying he was sorry.  If he accidentally hurts Asher, he also starts crying until I make him feel better.



Benton-isms
"get-for" instead of forget.  Example: "Mom, did you get for my bagel?"

Speaking of which, the kid loves bagels with cream cheese.

"I want to take something with me."  Means he wants food to take with him when he goes down for a nap.  Right now it is half a bagel with cream cheese every day, not toasted.

"I don't love this."  I don't know if Benton ever says he doesn't like something, only that he doesn't love it.

"That's CRAZY!"  He says this a lot lately and very enthusiastically.

"Oops-side down" instead of upside down.

"Buh-Bye-You" instead of BYU. It would be so easy to correct him, but it's too cute.

"Yes Sir!"  When he is being cooperative, this is how he responds to me asking him to do something.

No comments: