Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday School

We had quite the day today! Of course it started around 4:30 am because my kids (Benton) want me to go crazy. We didn't get up and stay up until 5:45, but then got started on the boys chores.

  Ethan had his school's annual Saturday School from 8:15-10:15 where they do standardized test practice.  While he was gone, I watched my friend's kids while they loaded their moving truck.

  When they left, I took Ethan, Benton, and Brinklee to the school carnival.  They had inflatable fun, got their hair and face painted, snacked, got balloon animals, etc.  My favorite part was getting cute photo booth pictures with Benton; I will be hanging these up somewhere.

The kids were all really good, so it was fun!  This is notable because it seems like I am in a stage that includes lots of activities for the kids, but I don't often get to enjoy them much because I am putting so much effort into coordinating them.  We came home and went for a chilly swim to recover from hours in the 90* heat.  I'm excited for pool season to start again!

I know I'm really going to miss this stage someday, so I try to enjoy it, but sometimes it is easier than others.  I'm glad today ended up being enjoyable, despite the sleepiness!

No comments: