Monday, August 6, 2012

Reset

Over the last 2-3 years, I haven't had to "diet" too much.  It took me awhile to lose my pregnancy weight with Ethan, but once I did, I was running so much, it was easy to keep it off.  Then, exercising while I was pregnant, and exercising while nursing, I was able to control my weight pretty easily.  My pregnancy weight with Benton came off on its own (I gained much less than with Ethan), but as nursing dwindled, the weight started creeping back on.  So, about 3 weeks ago (about the same time Benton stopped nursing) I started counting calories.  This hasn't been my preferred method of diet in the past, but it is helping me to reset my calorie-intake habits now that I'm not growing or feeding a baby.  I still prefer Weight Watchers tracking and may try to find free ways to do that again soon, but for now it is nice to be losing a little weight.

Now that I am physically independent of Benton, I've also been reminded of the other good things that come with that independence: Excedrin, more energy for exercising every day, the option to leave him for long periods of time (even overnight for our anniversary), and no guilt dieting!

No comments: