This one is worth clicking to enlarge!
In Lake Havasu City, AZ! We took a slightly longer way to St. George
so that we could see the London Bridge and Lake Havasu. Ethan LOVED
getting out and running around for over an hour. The fountain was
very exciting, but not as exciting as the army man he found in it
(he's holding it up in one picture)! He calls it Toy Story. While I
took pictures of the bridge he chased pigeons underneath it. I've
never been to London, but chasing pigeons seems like it would fit into
a mini London experience, at least a Mary Poppins one. Overall, we
were unimpressed with Lake Havasu City. Maybe we missed something,
but it seemed run down and kind of dirty, including the lake water.
It was also frustrating that it took us three tries to find a
convenience store/fast food place that had a drinking water spigot to
fill up our water bottles. It was a good break for Ethan though, I
got to check a site seeing spot off my list, and we got a really yummy
shaved ice as we were leaving, so I'm glad we went. It was 107 while
Ethan was running around for so long, so we all needed a cold treat!
The high is 113 in Phoenix today; I guess summer is here!
--
Sent from my mobile device
-Mike
so that we could see the London Bridge and Lake Havasu. Ethan LOVED
getting out and running around for over an hour. The fountain was
very exciting, but not as exciting as the army man he found in it
(he's holding it up in one picture)! He calls it Toy Story. While I
took pictures of the bridge he chased pigeons underneath it. I've
never been to London, but chasing pigeons seems like it would fit into
a mini London experience, at least a Mary Poppins one. Overall, we
were unimpressed with Lake Havasu City. Maybe we missed something,
but it seemed run down and kind of dirty, including the lake water.
It was also frustrating that it took us three tries to find a
convenience store/fast food place that had a drinking water spigot to
fill up our water bottles. It was a good break for Ethan though, I
got to check a site seeing spot off my list, and we got a really yummy
shaved ice as we were leaving, so I'm glad we went. It was 107 while
Ethan was running around for so long, so we all needed a cold treat!
The high is 113 in Phoenix today; I guess summer is here!
--
Sent from my mobile device
-Mike








No comments:
Post a Comment