
After he woke up he went to play in his train room. The track was broken, so I started to fix it. While I did, and only an hour after waking up, Ethan curled up on Lisa's pillow (lucky girl was sleeping in the train room) and went to sleep for another hour. He never just goes to sleep on his own like that!

This is him pretending to sleep in my suitcase when I got it out to pack.

The next morning he was back to his usual perky self. He missed his usual nap time to get on the plane, and by the time he fell asleep in flight, we were starting to descend. He woke up groggy and acting very tired.
At Grandma Carla's he fell asleep on me for about half an hour. I had missed dinner so I went and got a plate, turned around, and here he was, sleeping again. When he woke up he sat on my lap and fell back asleep, then again on the floor later. Poor guy!

As for the hotel, for the first time, we did not bring a pack n' play. Instead, we brought Ethan's Thomas play tent (and his night light sleep signal). He did great sleeping in it! We shared a room with Joe's family and Ethan and 7 both slept through the night every night! Ethan (and the rest of us) slept even better when Lauren provided us with some cough syrup for Ethan so he wasn't coughing all night!

Every morning when Ethan woke up we would find random things in his tent. Things like: a gallon sized bag of sugar cookies (unopened), a camera tripod, my vitamin container/pillbox (also unopened), etc. Funny kid must have gone on little scavenger missions while we stayed out of the room letting 7 fall asleep!
At Disneyland, in San Francisco (post to come), and on most of our car and plane rides, Ethan fell asleep! It was amazing! I would tell him to lay down, close his eyes, and go to sleep in the stroller, and he would! For 1-1.5 hours, so not bad for being out and about! It definitely made the trip go much more smoothly having him well rested. Staying at the Disneyland resort hotel also made it easier for us to let him get a full night's sleep and one afternoon I took him back to the hotel and let him sleep for 2 hours (before waking him up).


No comments:
Post a Comment