Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good Sport

I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this, but Ethan has been SO much better lately about just eating what we're eating. Last night he was doing a great job of at least trying everything.

Almonds? "Yucky"
Canned mandarin oranges: Not a fan (although he LOVES all fresh citrus)
Lettuce with homemade poppy seed dressing? Accepted! First time he's eaten salad!
Noodles? Spit out.
Stroganoff beef: Accepted!

The funniest part of the night though was when a piece of mushroom got into his bite of beef. He started to open his mouth to spit it out and we told him to keep it in and chew. He slowly, tentatively, kept chewing, but had these big pitiful, "are you really going to make me do this?" eyes. We kept coaching him to keep chewing until finally Mike said, "say 'ah'", Ethan opened his mouth, Mike pulled out the piece of mushroom, and Ethan happily ate the rest of the bite. I wish I had a picture of his sad little mushroom face! I was so proud of him for being a good sport and trying a bite of everything we gave him though!

No comments: