Ethan used to love oatmeal, back when we bought the instant kind. Then I decided I really should stop buying the instant kind and should make real oatmeal. The result is that we've gone months without eating oatmeal. This morning I made real oatmeal, on the stove! I know, I impress even myself. I added butter and brown sugar and offered it to Ethan. He REFUSED to eat it! After probably a half an hour of me trying to get him to eat it, I had an idea: food coloring!
I turned his oatmeal green (in the same bowl, while he was watching). Now, it is "candy", as Ethan signed, and he is shoveling it down with spoons and bare hands. And in the time it has taken me to write this, the whole bowl is almost gone.
So, that, plus the fact that today is the last day of my 12 week fitness challenge and 12 week half marathon training (I ran 13.5 miles this morning) makes me quite happy and proud!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's pretty awesome. You're my hero.
I'm so impressed by the food coloring and the half marathon running. Way to be. Will you email me the details of your fitness challenge?
Post a Comment