The Brothers K by David James Duncan: I listened to this one during my Ragnar training and race, but I stopped running for awhile, and then got an iPod, and didn't care enough to transfer it. So that gives you an idea of how much I liked it. Also, about halfway through the swearing got pretty frequent, which I didn't appreciate.
The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt: LOVED this book. I loved the commentary on teachers from a child's perspective, and I literally laughed out while running.
Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L Swanson: I really enjoyed this nonfiction, as I've said before. But if history doesn't interest you much, I'm not sure if you'd like it. When I told Mike I was going to listen to it he said, "that sounds boring."
Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer: I wasn't too excited about listening to this one, and at first the accent used by the reader bothered me, but I actually really enjoyed it. In looking up the exact title and author for this post, I was reminded that there is a sequel, so I'll definitely be looking that up at my library.
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I'd heard a lot about this one, waited forever on the hold list, and can't wait for the second one to be available for check out!
Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: I'm currently listening to this one and I look forward to listening to it whenever I can. This is part of a series as well, but I'm not as anxious to hear the rest as I have been with other series.
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell: I love the BBC miniseries/movie of this book. I didn't love the book as much.
Heat Wave: This is the book written to go along with ABC's TV show Castle. LOVE the show, the book was pretty good, but had a sex scene that seemed excessive, maybe because I was listening to it over the car speakers with the family.
Next up: Book Thief by Markus Zusak recommended by my sister in law.


2 comments:
Ooohh, you are in for it with the 2nd book of the Hunger Games. I don't know how you can wait so patiently, I am dying for the third one to come out and the world will stop until I finish it! I tried to read the Book Thief b/c it was recommended to me, but couldn't get into it. I'll look forward to your opinion of it.
I've listened to both the Hunger Games books as well. Intense! I had mixed feelings when I was listening to the first- it's such a nasty situation, but the end of the second made me so stinking excited. Have fun!
Post a Comment