Ethan got his first Easter basket! The Easter bunny brought him new sandals and tennis shoes (Ethan loves shoes, so it wasn't that boring of a gift). He also got Cars crayons and Easter egg sidewalk chalk.

The only candy in his basket was a box of Peeps. Pure sugar will go over great, right? He actually isn't really a fan. Later he tore them into little pieces and left them in the bathtub.

While Mike was at a review session for the PE (which he takes this coming Friday), Ethan and I met up with a friend to go to Ethan's first Easter egg hunt.
This picture is deceiving; he really didn't like carrying his own basket.

He got his face painted, and played the classic "pull the ducky from the wading pool" game over and over again and won the little ball he is holding.

The egg hunt wasn't much of a hunt. Although, many of the "eggs" you see are actually balls, so they don't have treats in them.

As expected, Ethan didn't pick much up. He found this toy and was fine to just play with it.

Finally he realized there was stuff in the eggs.

What is this?

A toy?!? Let's play! Eventually I gave up trying to get him to pick up eggs. I think he picked up like two. I picked up a few more, but not everyone stuck to the 10 only rule, so we got about 6 eggs. Ethan didn't notice the difference though.

Signing candy. He got 3 tootsie rolls which he loved, even with the wrapper on!

Checking out his loot.


Dragging the basket by the balloon I tied to it.

He then decided to lay on the balloon-POP!

Where's my balloon? (this one is worth clicking on to see full-size)

After the hunt, my mom took Ethan home with her and I headed to a blood drive. I waited in line for an hour just to be rejected due to my low iron. Then I headed home to spend the day prepping and painting my room while listening to General Conference. I thoroughly enjoyed working and listening for hours without interruption! Saturday evening we spent the night at Mom and Gary's.
Sunday morning Gary taught me how to make biscuits and gravy (I requested this lesson--his biscuits and gravy are awesome)!

More conference, yummy food, more conference!
We gave Ethan a chocolate bunny after our yummy turkey dinner.

He spent most of the time trying to put the head back on after it broke off.

This was the only time he put it in his mouth. He probably at a quarter-sized piece of chocolate and then lost interest.

We spent the afternoon sitting on the porch.
Mike and Ethan staring at the ceiling fan--Ethan LOVES those things!

We kept hiding eggs all weekend with fruit snacks, gold fish crackers, dried apple bits, etc. Ethan got the idea of picking up the eggs eventually.

Filling up the eggs with water.

I always love spending an entire weekend listening to modern-day prophets give us guidance in General Conference, but add that to extra time with family and an excuse to spoil my little guy, and it was an amazing weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment