Sunday, September 6, 2009

Saturday in Ogden-Go Cougars!

Saturday morning we drove up to Ogden and visited my Great Grandma. I haven’t seen her in a few years, and was really glad I got the opportunity. She is a very talented, funny, and loving, almost 93 year old woman! She and her husband put on family reunions for their whole clan every other year while I was growing up, so I actually know her, and my family on her side, quite well. I am very grateful to her and Grandpa for providing us all the opportunity to get to know our family so well, and I am proud to have such great progenitors.

Then we went around the corner to our friends’ house. They ended up living like 2 minutes away from my Grandma. When we lived in Mississippi we spent one evening a week at the Lucas home playing games. We also watched any BYU game available at their house—including the “answered prayer” game. Last night we got to witness another amazing day in BYU football with them! I am still cheering internally!



Ethan and Tyler riding in the wagon. I couldn't get them both smiling at the same time. Tyler wasn't so sure about me, and Ethan wasn't so sure about the sounds Tyler's big brother Jacob was making to get Tyler to smile. :)


The standing made me nervous. Ethan has even figured out how to stand up in the highchairs at restaurants.


Can you tell who we wanted to win?
From the left: Rachel and Tyler, Tim, Jacob, me, Mike, Ethan.

I think this picture is slightly better, but it has that pesky spot on Time. I'm posting both so Rachel and Tim can choose which one they want.
Ok, now I have to say a little about the game. I hope you watched it! I got a work out that night from all the pacing and cheering and the heart-racing excitement! Some people may say the only reason we won was because Bradford got hurt, but it was 7-7 when he got hurt (they kicked a field goal on the next play). They did make a lot of mistakes, but so did we. In fact, I think most, if not all, of their points, were scored off of our mistakes. So, if you're going to say that OU would have done way better if they had been able to play cleanly and with their best players, which may be true, then you have to realize that BYU would have done much better if they had played cleanly and with their best players (especially Unga). I hope the cougars can keep up this level of play throughout the season, and I hope the rest of the country (BCS) has gained a little more respect for the Mountain West. Oh, and way to go Max Hall for keeping your cool through most of the game, that was new and definitely welcome, Stephenson (99) for the amazing punts, Kariya (33) for coming from nowhere to save us, and the whole defense for being awesome and stopping OU at the goal line for 5 or 6 plays in a row!
And in case you didn't hear, apparently there were hundreds (I heard up to a thousand) BYU fans celebrating in the streets of Provo near the stadium! :) I'm glad the BYU fans that had enough confidence in our team to make the trip to TX were rewarded so handsomely for their faith in the team!
Ethan was so tired on Saturday that he was nodding off in the highchair at lunch. Then he fell asleep on the way home and actually stayed asleep when I took him out of his car seat (which he never does). I put him in his bed and he slept all night!

GO COUGARS!!!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun trip. It is amazing that you have a great grandma! I guess you are a spring chicken though. :-) Ethan is so adorable!

Rach said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures! We had a great time with you guys! I'm going to enjoy all the pictures. I posted the best one I got of Ethan and Tyler in the wagon on my blog, as well as the best group shot, although Ethan wasn't in it. Oh, and we have your blanket and a toy phone. I'll mail them tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

look's tired