Mike missed Sunday General Conference because he was working at the Final Four event. I wrote a list of words for the boys to listen for and tally up. They did a great job listening through the session.
Benton had a Bubble Run at school.The boys had fun cheering on the older kids.
Mrs. Parkerson, as usual, was right there being enthusiastic with the kids.
She and Ms. Henry had a great time during the dance party. This was "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)".
This doesn't make a lot of sense, but I was glad to see Benton writing so much.
I went with Ethan on his Cub Scout hike before his first soccer game.Then that afternoon the boys went with me to see Heritage's production of The Addams Family. When we arrived, there were a few "ghosts" sitting in the audience. I assumed they were mannequins until the boys kept staring and poking and I realized they were just students painted white. It was pretty entertaining.
Another annual Easter Egg hunt.
We also went to an Easter Egg Hunt at The Little Gym.
Instead of dyeing eggs, we decorated cookies. I made the first few batches of icing a little too runny, and the boys gave up. I had a lot of fun experimenting though, and the recipe was great.
Benton wanted to read a movie book too, so I checked out Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to read with Benton. He ended up reading it all on his own and was able to pass a comprehension test. I was really impressed.
I got to do Pat's Run with ComTrans coworkers. I parked downtown and took the light rail in. I barely stopped at the finish line because I needed to get back for soccer, but it was a fun event.
Mike coached Ethan's soccer team. Each practice was a family affair.
On one of Benton's half days, he built this huge track while I worked. He was very proud of himself. He had fun names for them. I think they were "ultra" for the big one, "cloud" for the wavy circle one, and "friends" because the bridges are friends.
I chaperoned the Youth Conference dance. It was a little awkward not knowing what to do with myself, so I mostly read.
Ethan did a project on Geronimo. This was the board before we put the title on.




















No comments:
Post a Comment