Friday, April 18, 2014

Annual Egg Hunt Playdate

This is my 3rd or 4th year putting on an egg hunt play date.  I have everyone fill enough eggs for their kids and bring them to my house the day before.  In the morning I dropped my boys off with a friend, picked up a few young helpers, and went to the park to hide eggs.

Here is the group waiting to hunt.
 I'm glad Rachel jumped in and helped Benton.  I was facilitating a wave start so he was on his own.
 Ethan and Trent hunted together, of course.

 Ethan was a determined hunter, and very willing to stick to the quota I set for him.
 Benton got so many so quickly being in the first wave that I had to sneak eggs out of his basket and re-hide them.

The boys loved finding all the surprises in their eggs.  Ethan finished his candy, and Benton probably got close.  Ethan has told me several times, "no more candy today!"

No comments: