Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Hobby

A few weeks ago I was released from serving as the Primary President after over 3 years in that position.  I was ready to move on, especially after a few weeks of being very "understaffed" with teachers not showing or positions left vacant (which was a common theme over the three years, but I guess I was more burned out at this point).  My main hesitation in being released was where I would be called next.  Fortunately, I got the calling I was hoping for: Primary Chorister!

I now get the funnest part of Primary (singing and playing games with the kids) and none of the stress of leading the organization.  Chorister is becoming a hobby on my list, one of those black holes where all of the sudden I've spent entirely too much time researching, brainstorming, preparing because I'm enjoying it.  I will still be in Prescott on Sunday (race on Saturday) and am really sad to be missing church and the fun of singing time.  Hopefully they don't pull me out of this calling anytime soon!

1 comment:

Matt Wilson said...

You were a good primary president. You'll be missed.