Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Clogged

When Mike took Ethan down to put him to bed tonight, we discovered that the basement toilet is barely draining.  I knew Ethan had "run out of toilet paper" earlier, so we quickly got to the root of the problem: toilet paper.  It has turned into an entertaining event (although we're trying our best not to make it fun for Ethan).

Mike suggested that Ethan put his arm in there to unclog it.  As we kept straight faces and made Ethan think that was a possibility, he started getting very upset, almost crying, because he didn't want to get his arm yucky.

I started researching what methods to try to unclog it.  One of them was to pour a bucket of water in. I thought it seemed odd, but Mike immediately went and got a bucket.  I started relaying the form and instructions and Mike said, "I know; this is how we flushed toilets in Mexico."  Amazing the experiences he had down there.

Unfortunately, the water didn't work. So, Ethan got to watch what happens when baking soda and vinegar are mixed, because putting both in the toilet was another suggestion.  At the moment, that mixture is sitting in the toilet and Ethan is going to bed, and not coming out on threat of having to put his arm down the toilet.

No comments: