Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thoughts from this Weekend So Far

I should have been drinking more water while weeding yesterday morning; the effects are still with me.

I'm glad Mike sent me in at 9am this morning. The 90 degrees didn't feel bad, but I've still felt worn out all day. Mike stayed out a lot longer. Who knows how hot it got before he came in this afternoon, but it is currently 115.

I am so tired of driving trains around and around and around Ethan's track, but he really wants me to, constantly!

Ethan correctly uses the word junction (along with other technical words) while playing with trains: "no, Mom, leave Spencer at the junction!"

Mike was laying down in the train room after getting tired of driving trains (post yardwork). He had is arm over this face. Ethan pulled his arm off and said, "wake up lazy bones!". Which is a line from one of his favorite Thomas stories.

Ethan keeps trying to take my phone as I type this. "Phone away, phone down" because I have not been excused from playing trains yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

Rach said...

I did some yardwork last weekend, and the bending over combined with the heat and the hard work wiped me out and I had to recover for the rest of the weekend. It's amazing how a simple task like weeding or planting a flower can be so hard on a pregnant lady. I can't believe how hot it is where you are. That's got to magnify the effects of pregnancy.